No products in the cart.
IN ADDITION TO STRENGTHENING OUR HEALTH, ADDING THE KELP ALGAE TO THE DIET PROVIDES MANY NUTRIENTS.
“Kelp seaweed” is the common name given to plants of the Phaeophyceae class. Although it has very little in common with terrestrial plants and does not reproduce by means of seeds or flowers, each cell of kelp algae is able to reproduce very fast.
This plant can grow up to 90 meters high and, underwater, seaweed forests can be found in the shallow waters of most of the world’s oceans.
With an elongated shape and a greenish yellow color they develop in shallow waters, near the surface of the sea where the sunlight reaches them. This characteristic of kelp algae facilitates the absorption of a lot of light and produces more chlorophyll that gives them the green color. The clearer the algae, of a more yellowish or brownish color means it has grown in greater depths.
They belong to the Ascophylum and Laminaria class and are very flat and stretched and provide many nutrients.
IF YOU WANT TO HAVE GOOD HEALTH YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE FOOD SOURCES RICH IN VITAMINS AND MINERALS.
Seaweed is a very complete natural food that provides many vitamins and minerals and Kelp seaweed is one of the best. Adding a bit of these eukaryotic plants to our daily diet is a great idea.
Kelp seaweed has several vitamins from which we can benefit, for example, vitamin B12 that is present in comparable amounts found in the liver of animals, making the algae particularly important for vegetarians.
Other vitamins present are vitamin C, in amounts comparable to those of oranges, vitamins E and K, also vitamin D in its vegetable form.
It contains iodine, which is presented in a form that can be used immediately by the thyroid without the body having to process it.
Generally, kelp algae can be described as a generic glandular tonic.
There are some differences between the alga Ascophylum nodosum or Laminaria which are the most common but in practice, when ingesting them and processing them in the stomach there are few differences you can notice. These can be of small amounts even between the same type of algae if it is collected from one area of the coast to another where there may also be slight differences.
The Alga that we use is the Ascophylum nodosum. We give the composition of “Kelp Ascophylum nodosum” within the values collected by the Norwegian Netalgae Institute that researches and develops this sector.
Kelp Algae has a high iodine content, which most people are lacking. That is why it is very important to ingest this alga to recover the necessary iodine reserves and strengthen our immune system. As for heavy metals, both marine fish and algae can be contaminated by spills and absorb toxic substances.
To avoid this, it is important to buy quality kelp seaweed, and that its label provides information regarding its variety and extraction sites.
SOME PROPERTIES OF KELP ALGAE ARE:
- Improves digestion and intestinal transit. Because they have a high content of vegetable fiber it makes you go to the bathroom better, you don’t have problems with constipation and you feel better every day.
- Rich in iodine and vitamin
- They are good for cutting diarrhea due to alginic acid or algin.
- When ingested it captures the heavy metals of the organism. In Japan algae is used to treat heavy metal poisoning. It cleanses the organism and expels part of them.
- Activates the metabolism The thyroid gland needs iodine to promote good functioning of different organic systems. If you have thyroid disorders you can cause weight gain among other things.
- Regulates cholesterol.
- Stabilizes blood pressure.
- Reduces flatulence and intestinal discomfort due to the movement of gas.
- The contribution of vitamin E works as an antioxidant. This protects the tissue from free radicals that make you age faster.
- Improves blood and its coagulation. Vitamin K is essential for the blood system that runs through your body to have good health. It also helps maintain a better quality of bones in old age.
- We recommend the consumption of this alga that is so valuable to our health. And our Algamania kelp product is a natural source of nutrients in comfortable capsules for daily intake.